25

Sooo.. what did you decide?

Everyone's asking me what my New Year's resolutions are. And I keep saying with a blank face ... Err.. no.. resolutions are not my type & grin stupidly! 

I told a friend that I am way too fickle minded to stick to resolutions - and he says "Resolutions are made to break. But its more about what u want to achieve which is unachievable for u. In other words what is unachievable for u?”

This time, I really went blank :))

All I could say was - I never really gave this much thought. And this precisely is the reason why I don't believe in deep-thinking & making resolutions ;)

Phew!

Anyways - what are your resolutions? :D

25 wrote about this one!:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sindhu,

Jumped here from Nandhu's page.

I never take New year resolutions. I don't know much people who try to achieve what they wanted to achieve at the beginning of the year.

There are quite a few in the blog world who chase their dreams (not away) and achieve them. Kudos to them.

Meher :) said...

Hey VBR :) Welcome home!

I don't know too many people either, who keep resolutions & actually follow them. I mean.. they ask.. but they don't really do it.

But if they are really able to decide and then actually keep up - I agree - Kudos to them!

Anonymous said...

Yes, when we see people who blog about their achievement list at the start of the year and the same list again marked with "achieved" on it at the end of the year, it sure lifts your spirit up; Not to take resolutions but to chase your dreams.

oops, forgot to chirp in last time.

Have been following your blog for quite a while.

Meher :) said...

Yea.. it sure can get encouraging when you see people do that! :)

One particularly interesting one has been the work that rebelz have been doing - I'm sure you have been following with with Prad / Nautankey / Prasad... Makes me want to take up theater too! :)

Some day I will.. some day! :D

And considering you have been reading all my rants for some time now.. please go ahead & comment more often :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, have been following theirs too. Good bunch of people, I guess.

All the best. You would someday do it. Ofcourse blog about it when your play comes up. We don't want to miss it.

//And considering you have been..//

Okay.

On a related note, if one had a real wish, they would atleast do something to achieve it right? I guess most of the new-year resolutions are taken spontaneously and not well thought ones. They could be just temporary wishes. Taking resolutions just for the heck of it and to show-off. If one had a real wish and could argue why that person wants to achieve it, they would really attain their joy one day. They wouldn't wait for the beginning of the new year to decide to pursue their dream. If once decided, the first step follows very quickly.

Meher :) said...

Spot on!!

If it was something they really wished for - I am sure they wouldn't wait to make it a new year resolution! They would start working on it & praying for its success right away!!

And if you keep postponing a decision till the end of the year to make it the next year's resolution - you are not serious about it at all!!

Smita said...

That was quite a mouthful indeed :D

No resolutions for me too, I would just lose more weight ;-)

Happy New year dear :))

Tarun Goel said...

I would like to gain 15 kg's in one month, another ghajini in making :D

S.. Diva said...

:) mine is going to be : no more repeated visits to goa, gokarna or hampi...
new look for the new year eh! looks good

Meher :) said...

Smita

:)) Exactly!

And lose more weight.. Umm good one. Maybe I'll do that too!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! >:D<

Meher :) said...

Tarun

:)) 15 Kgs??

Thats like a lot na? :D

Meher :) said...

Sneha

Umm no re.. don;t decide on that! Not everybody gets the chance to keep traveling so frequently - never mind its the same place :D

And thanks!! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Bhargavi said...

umm .. tonnes .. lose weight .. learn to drive properly..to cram and clear 2 exams that i managed to put off from last year .. get better at photography and start writing more.. i normally am bad at resolutions.. this time i think i want to make an effort without my trademark laziness ;-)

Meher :) said...

Hey... The photography one is good. Maybe I'll try my best to get my hands on my own SLR

Hopefully :)

And laziness is a trademark here too :D

But I know it is my life long partner. So am not taking too much tension about it XD

Prasad said...

eerrr would u agree wit nothing???

Meher :) said...

Pras

I would gladly accept that & thank you for keeping company!! :D :D :D :D

Anonymous said...

I want to live life one letter at a time. Simple.

rauf said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sindhu bitiya, burn some old clothes, not while filling your car or scooter, go to a safe pace.
y'know a thing called Bhogi ? a day before Pongal ? its a nuisance actually, people burn tyres on the road. y're supposed to burn all, not ALL, your old tings.
deep tinking gives yerdakes bitiya.
i have a better eydeea. don't burn anything, you'd end up burning Hyderabad and secunderabad, just take an empty matka, mud pot and drop it from the second floor, preferably on your neighbour's head. do someting crazy, doing your best to remain sane and sensible is such a humongous pressure.
Do you have a hammer ?

Meher :) said...

Swat

Same pinch!

Meher :) said...

Rauf Uncle

Happy New Year!! :)

Am actually planning on remaining sane without doing anything insane! :D

I'll work on not losing my cool on petty things!! :D

Urv said...

Happy new year :)

I too don make resolutions.. But am going to try to keep things simple in the new year, not plan much, be wild n crazy :)

Urv said...

Nice header pic :)

Iya said...

hey, happy new year..
as for resolutions, go make them girl - at least for a while they encourage u to push urself..

Meher :) said...

Urv

HNY to you too! :)

Header pic - yeah I loved it too. Thanks!

Wild & crazy - I guess that's something that can be done without planning :D

Meher :) said...

Iya

HNY :) Good to see you here :)

the whole problem is that - I can't push myself! Maybe that should be my resolution or else - to push myself & to have better will-power!!

Back to Top