23

Umm.....

Dad went back home to Bangalore! The house is going to become empty again!

Bawwwlll :'((

There a few guests - two of them leaving today & two more leaving tomorrow. So by tomorrow, the house is going to come back to its own shape again! After all the hullabaloo with so many people around!

My mom says, when I was a kid, if any guests were getting ready to leave, I would start bawling & begging them not to leave :D People who have known me since I was born and have seen me do all that - pinch my cheeks now and say - it used to be so cute when you cried like that, asking us not to go.

Hmm :D

I don't cry for anybody now, but even after 2 years of him staying away, I still get all weepy & emotional & senti when dad leaves for his place. So usually, I don't even look at him when he's leaving because am very scared I won't be able to control my tears from rolling down! Dad understands that well and doesn't usually ask me too many questions before leaving. He simply says bye & leaves.

It happens with both of them - even if my mom has to go somewhere and be away for a few days, I get all weepy inside. I used to cry openly as a kid, but when you grow up and are considered an adult for the world - crying for things like this is looked upon as silliness and branded as weak! And the only thing you can do is cry inside.

Sigh! 

I wish I could grow - actually & not just for the world! 
I wish I could get rid of the lump in my throat as I write this! 
I wish I didn't have this over-active water tap somewhere behind my eyes!
I wish I was not this emotional! 

I wish I was stronger!





23 wrote about this one!:

Nautankey said...

Hmmm my parents cry if I tell them i am coming back after some vacation :)

Anonymous said...

Same here! There is ALWAYS a lump in my throat and an emptiness feeling when I leave my father behind for vacationing in the native town with mom and sister! :| On one hand, it's the excitement; on the other, it's the emptiness! :(
I still haven't figured out a way to get rid of it.

Meher :) said...

Naut

I am thinking thats the same situation with my parents too :))

Meher :) said...

Swati

And I don't think we will ever get around to figuring it!

Kanupriya said...

Hey crying for parents does not prove you weak at all...its very natural and perfectly alright I guess. And trust me I get weepy till date whenever I bid that bye to my mom though I am staying away from my home for quite many years now :-)
And you cant stop being emotional...after all you are a true blue cancerian :D

Anonymous said...

I wish to be kid again & again.
:.(

Meher :) said...

KP

yep! tru blu cancerians we are :D

Meher :) said...

Hobo

Totally agree!!

Prasad said...

BUhahahahahahahahahaha!!! same pinch n'key :P :DDDDDDD

meher is this a serious post or can i say dammm u r suck a cry baby!!! and can i laff at weep inside! buhahahahahahahahahahahaha!! :DDDDD

Meher :) said...

Umm..

This is a serious post - but friends have all liberties :D

Prasad said...

buhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :DDD

Meher :) said...

Carry on :D :))

Prasad said...

major senti stuff nd all!! PHEW!

Meher :) said...

:)) I am a girl!

What else did you expect? :D

SunRays said...

No woman no cry..... Oops... or should i say...No kiddo no cry :)

And remember to pass on my best wishes to you sister

Cheers and take care!

Meher :) said...

Haanji.. will pass on the wishes to her sure :)

Anonymous said...

Been thr.and I do it alll the time! For me mom and dad leaving is like familiar comforting feeling of being secured is gone and there's no one to watch our back...

I even take it step mor and wonder if something were to happen to me - it would be days before someone would know... :-s

Meher :) said...

Curious

:)) I knoww! Sometimes, if am alone at home.. even I get all those thoughts!

And I become all the more weepy! :-|

Nautankey said...

A small award for the cry baby,
http://nautankey.blogspot.com/2008/11/it-eez-awards-time.html

Hope it cheers u up :)

Meher :) said...

Danke :D

S.. Diva said...

you know you can always visit daddy and your's truly in bangalore.. anytime, we say "welcome home"

Meher :) said...

Haha Sneha!

Thanks! That was sweet :)

Anonymous said...

Me too saying "Welcome home!" :)

Back to Top